all done and I thought you'd like to see it. Before, it was just a boring, ordinary dishwasher front.
it's rockin' awesome. (Please ignore the fact that my dishwasher leans outward on top. It's not level, but hopefully when our counter tops arrive next week, we will be able to fix that.) I had a chunk of leftover bead board cut by my man, and I selected a piece of picture frame molding trim that had a groove for the bead board to fit against, much like a picture and glass would fit under the lip of a frame. Savvy? Adrain cut the trim at a 45 degree angle and I used my staple gun to adhere the molding trim to the back side of the pre-cut bead board, thus creating a "frame" for my bead board dishwasher front. Once done, I primed and painted a coat of the same paint I used for our cabinets, all over it. Then I used some epoxy glue to adhere the piece to the front of my dishwasher.
brace the whole thing. I didn't have clamps that big, but if you do, you won't need to worry about this step.
we're all about improvising around here.
**UPDATED MAY 2013**
Quite a few changes have happened in this little kitchen since we originally posted this. To view the entire transformation with before and afters, click here.