Then, two nights after it was finished, I heard a crash and discovered that the tacks weren't holding and things were falling off and slipping out of holes. Apparently foam core isn't quite as much like cork board as I'd been assured. Huh. Well, I'll be darned. After trying to make it work for a month, I realized that it was time to cut my losses on this one because I didn't need to add any more frustration to my life. Inspiration boards that create frustration don't er... inspire. So, after thinking about it long and hard, I ditched it, and after a few tears (I'm just kidding) I strung up my calendar (sourced locally) with twine and thumb tacks and some little curtain clips I had in my junk drawer, & changed a few things back around until all was well again.
(Sign is from here.)
Change ups in late January... not always a bad thing.